The Adventurer Club is a Christ-centered, church-based support ministry intended to improve parent-child relationships. Its specialized programs are open to children ages 4-9. It affords parents (especially young parents beginning the parenting journey) privileges of learning biblically based parenting skills for nurturing their children in the fear of God and to also enjoy well-planned activities with their children. It complements the effort of the home and school in fulfilling the divine imperative of child nurture.
It’s philosophy rest on Moses’ command to the children in Deuteronomy 6:4-9 saying, “Hear, O Israel: The Lord our God, the Lord is one. You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart, with all your soul, and with all your strength. And these words which I command you today shall be in your heart. You shall teach them diligently to your children, and shall talk of them when you sit in your house, when you walk by the way, when you lie down, and when you rise up. You shall bind them as a sign on your hand, and they shall be as frontlets between your eyes. You shall write them on the doorposts of your house and on your gates.” Raising children in the fear of God is not a part-time business; it is life-long, all-time endeavor, it is lifetime mentoring.
Because Jesus loves me, I can always do my best.
- Be obedient
- Be pure
- Be true
- Be kind
- Be respectful
- Be attentive
- Be helpful
- Be cheerful
- Be thoughtful
- Be reverent
We are Adventurers,
At home, at school, at play.
We are Adventurers,
We're learning every day
To be honest, kind, and true,
To be like Jesus through and through!
We are Adventurers!
- to develop a Christ-like character;
- to experience the happiness and fulfillment of doing things well and in accordance with the will of God;
- to help Adventurers express their love for Jesus in a natural way;
- to learn good sportsmanship and interpersonal relational skills;
- to discover their God-given abilities and to learn how to use them to benefit self and serve others;
- to explore God's world as revealed in nature;
- to enhance their understanding of what makes families strong;
- to develop creative ways of supporting parents in the training of their children.
The leadership of the Adventurer Club is a collaborative effort the home, church and school. The Club leaders are essentially volunteers who have interest in working with children and do also receive some specialized training to maximize output. The focus is to train the Adventurers to become friends of Jesus and fellow beings.
Each child is encouraged to participate in all activities and parents/guardians are given assignments along with their child. There are many age-challenging activities on the Adventurer menu. These range from games and outdoor activities to nature exploration and family camping, field trips and community service projects. A five level age-specific curriculum is used along with approximately 80 specialized award areas of crafts, nature, recreation, spiritual development and home arts.
The Adventurer curriculum is divided into six levels/classes.
- Little Lamb level for 4 years old children
- Eager Beaver level for 5 years old children
- Busy Bee level is designed for primary one (6 years old children).
- Sunbeam level is for primary two (7 years old children).
- The Builder level for primary three (8 years old children)
- The Helping Hand level for primary four (9 years old children).
Each level builds on the levels which came before it and is especially designed to interest, challenge, and provide successful experiences for children of that grade level.